Monday, February 25, 2008

Commissioner's Corner


This is the first installment of what I hope to be a weekly address.

I want to start by thanking Chris for all of his help in getting the league up and running smoothly. I would also like to thank Matt and Brad for their creativity and hard work on turning my vision of the KJNL Dynasty Weekly into a reality. I hope this will be an exciting addition to the league.

When I first decided to create this league, I wanted it to reflect what is most important to me, and that's my family. I did this in the league's name - KJNL. Those initials represent the 1st and middle initials of my two sons - Kaleb Joseph and Noah Logan = KJNL. I do not expect, nor do I want, anyone in this league to ever put this above their families - whether it be your wife and kids or your parents and siblings. I then looked at the leagues I was in at the time and tried to decide which features I liked best from those. I wanted to create a league that was fun, but extremely competitive. I liked the idea of having a league website and message board and think we are off to a good start on both. I envision a website that will eventually rival that of the actual MLB site in function and appearance. Once the season starts, you will see updated standings, league leaders, and record setters - as well as being able to view rosters, minor leagues, transactions and more. I would also like to add more graphics to the site in the future. We may need to switch to a monthly fee site, but that's not something we'll need to worry about this season probably. Should we reach that point, the league may decide to accept donations to offset that cost, but strictly on a voluntary, anonymous basis. All things we will discuss should the need arise.

Our first preseason in the KJNL Dynasty Baseball league has gone very smoothly. The one major glitch being the fact that ESPN decided to erase all of the rosters that Matt and I submitted already. I tried to enter complete rosters for teams but got an error when I tried to enter more than one player at a time. This resulted in the need for all managers to pick up their players via the FA route. Sorry for the mix up, but it was quite time consuming to do it once - and I didn't want to have to do it again.

The Free Agent Auction is moving along at a reasonable pace. A few teams appear to be revamping their lineups via this option and it will be interesting to see if their plan results in a playoff appearance. Brad has posted his reviews and predictions for both leagues and has done some great work in doing so. I obviously like his prediction for my team, but that's why they play the games. One can look good on paper and play like the Bad News Bears.

The Weekly will be adding interesting articles and trade reviews along with interviews of the involved GMs for random trades and more. We welcome your comments and hope that you check back daily for breaking news.

Good luck to all,

Mike
KJNL President/Commish
02/25/08




2 comments:

Chiefsfan12388 said...

This is a great league Mike, youve done an unbelivable job so far.

Kirk J. said...

it really is keep up the good work commish.